If you stick to a regular fitness exercise routine at home or in the nearest park, there is no doubt that you have chosen an excellent way to maintain the physical health of your body. There are many studies say that fitness exercise helps mental benefits such as reducing symptoms of mental stress and anxiety. It is also important that you know how to perform the exercises in the right way so that you can get the best out of them and to prevent the possibility of sports injuries with long-term consequences.
So here are 9 common fitness exercise that you may be doing incorrectly, and tips on how to improve them next time.
Decisive fitness exercise
Decisive exercise is considered a great and easy way to work on the muscles of the buttocks, hips and knees, and there are even those who support it as a method that helps increase the body’s metabolic process. Unfortunately, at the same time as its widespread distribution, many perform this training in a sloppy way that may damage the spine and the muscles that work during it, with the main mistakes being not keeping an upright and stable back, and taking too wide steps that make it difficult for the body to maintain its stability.
Fun Steps for perform the Decisive fitness exercise correctly:
- Stand with your back straight, looking forward and placing your hands on your hips.
- Take one step with your right leg while bending your knee to a 90 degree angle.
- During the bend, make sure you contract your stomach slightly as a means of keeping your back straight. At the end of the bend, return the right leg to its place and perform the exercise again with the left leg.
Sit-ups have a wide variety of health benefits. Such as: strengthening of the abdominal muscles that provide support for the back muscles, assistance in achieving correct posture and strengthening of the core muscles that protect the various internal organs. Unfortunately, many people tend to perform sit-ups in a way that puts pressure on the lower back and neck area – a habit that, beyond being affected by the effectiveness of the fitness exercise, may lead to serious injuries.
Fun Steps for perform the Sit-ups exercise correctly:
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet relatively close to your buttocks.
- To achieve correct posture, place your palms behind your head and make sure that your thumbs are placed in the area between the neck and the ears.
- Tilt your chin slightly forward and leave a gap of a few centimeters between your chin and your chest.
- Tuck your stomach in and lean forward until you get an angle of about 30 degrees as you trust that only your shoulder blades will break contact with the floor.
- Lower your head back to the starting position gradually, and repeat the exercise as many times as you set for yourself.
Tip: Try to imagine that you have to reach a red dot floating above the chest. This way will help you concentrate on the fitness exercise and perform it correctly.
Stretching fitness exercise is an excellent way to strengthen the upper body. It works on a large number of muscle groups, including the chest muscles, trapezius and arms. Making sure to perform stretching exercises on a weekly basis contributes significantly to achieving a correct posture that maintains back health.
Fun Steps for perform the Pull-ups exercise correctly:
- Hold a stable bar with both hands while making sure to have a full and stable grip, and keep both arms straight and stretched.
- Put both legs together and pull the upper body up by pulling the shoulders back until you feel a kind of stretch in the shoulder area.
- During the ascent, be sure to keep your back straight and your feet together.
- Try to pass the grip bar with your chin and then gradually return to the starting position.
Tip: This is not a simple fitness exercise, so if you notice that you are not able to perform it correctly after several repetitions, take a break and give your body the rest it deserves.
One of the best advantages of the push-up fitness exercise is our ability to perform it anywhere. It allows us to work very efficiently on the chest muscles, back arm muscles, core muscles and shoulder muscles.
Fun Steps for perform the Push-ups exercise correctly:
- Lie on your stomach and place both palms on the floor in a line parallel to the area between the shoulders and shoulder blades.
- Lift your body while keeping your elbows at an angle of about 90 degrees and place the tips of your toes on the ground while keeping your knees straight.
- Now, take a deep breath and lift your upper body a little higher without straightening your elbows completely.
- At the end of the ascent, exhale and return to the starting position with the elbows at a 90 degree angle. Tip: making sure to contract your abdominal muscles while performing the exercise will help you keep your back straight.
Arm weight training
Weight training for the arm is a rapid ability of the biceps muscle to swell and give us a shapely and muscular appearance. Also, correct application of this fitness exercise helps strengthen muscle endurance that allows us to lift heavy loads over time. Among the common mistakes in arm training we can mention: bending with the back forward and backward in order to be able to lift the weights and bending the wrist. Besides reducing the effectiveness of the fitness exercise, these two mistakes can damage the back and cause inflammation and tendon strains.
Fun Steps for perform the Arm weight training exercise correctly:
- Stand upright and keep a space between your legs with your knees slightly bent.
- Press your elbows to your waist and firmly grip the bars of the dumbbells.
- Bend your elbows and lift both forearms until the dumbbells reach the chest area.
- After you finish the lift, return to the starting position but make sure not to straighten your elbows all the way to maximize the effectiveness of the workout.
Tip: when you do fitness exercise, make sure to look straight and look at a point that is parallel to your head, this way you will be able to stay upright and more focused.
There is nothing simpler and more enjoyable than long walks. It allow us to easily maintain fitness and reduce stress and anxiety levels without even noticing it. But as strange as it may sound, even walking needs to be known how to perform correctly, so that we can reap all the fruits of this training. The two main mistakes are not making sure to have a uniform walking pace and not making sure to warm up and stretch before walking due to the feeling that this is not a real workout.
Fun Steps for perform the walking exercise correctly:
- Remember that walking is an aerobic sport that activates many groups of muscles, so be sure to perform a comprehensive series of different stretches so that you can maintain muscle flexibility and avoid inflammation.
- When walking, look straight ahead and determine for yourself road signs you want to reach.
- This is a wonderful method by which you can maintain a uniform walking pace that will keep your heart rate high and burn more calories.
- Be sure to keep your back straight and your stomach slightly contracted in order to maximize the activity of your core muscles.
Squats are a great leg exercise that helps build the muscles of the lower back, hips and glutes. It improves posture and strengthens the core muscles. Unfortunately, many of the benefits of this training are missed and even turned into physical damage due to incorrect application, which is manifested, for example, in excessive bending of the knees and failure to maintain an upright and stable back.
Fun Steps for perform the Squat correctly:
- Stand upright with your hands close to your waist, and keep a space between your two legs.
- Now, bend your knees to an angle of about 90 degrees while you continue to keep your back straight.
- While bending, swing your arms forward and hold your palms as you form a sort of triangle shape with your palms placed in front of your chest.
- Return to the starting position and perform the exercise for the number of repetitions you determined in advance.
Tip: When performing the fitness exercise, try to imagine yourself sitting on a chair. In this way, you will make the act of bending the knees feel more natural.
Static abdominal training (plank) has a rich variety of health benefits. It directly strengthens the abdominal and core muscles and indirectly also affects the chest and shoulder muscles. However, the nature of the fitness exercise, which places heavy loads on the lower back, requires a thorough understanding of how to perform it, and many tend to arch their backs, lower the pelvic area, and raise their buttocks.
Fun Steps for perform the plank correctly:
- Lie on your stomach and place your hands in a straight line in front of the border between the shoulders and the chest area with the palms closed.
- Now, lift your upper body while keeping your elbows at an angle of about 90 degrees and leaning on the tips of your toes while keeping your knees straight.
- When performing this fitness exercise, try to contract the abdominal muscles a little artificially and be sure to take deep breaths. The contraction action will help you maintain a straight back throughout the exercise.